1) Don Patterson Book of Shadows.
2) Janice Galloway This is Not About Me.
3) Edwin Morgan Cathures.
4) Rodge Glass Alasdair Gray: A Secretaries Biography.
5) Robert Crawford Scotland’s Books: The Penguin History of Scottish
6) A.L. Kennedy On Bullfighting.
7) Grace Maxwell Falling and Laughing: The Restoration of Edwyn Collins.
8) Duncan Petrie Screening Scotland.
9) Arthur Herman The Scottish Enlightenment: The Scot’s Invention of the Modern
10) Richard Holloway Between the Monster and the Saint.
All are worth checking out, but if pushed for a top three I would say go for Grace Maxwell’s moving book about husband Edwyn Collins’ recovery from life threatening illness, Robert Crawford’s exhaustive history of Scot Lit and Edwin Morgan’s beautiful poems.
Posted in: Uncategorized